Finding cheap auto insurance online is one of the most dreaded things by Americans teens under the age of 25. A typical American student could be spending more than $15000 every year on car insurance depending on their car, location and profile. And those who are buying sports car should know that they might be charged with some of the highest insurance premiums, regardless whether he/her is a good driver or not.
Student Car Insurance – NOT A Necessary Evil
Many young drivers try to save on insurance premiums by not purchasing any. Such drivers are void of the fact that despite a heavy price tag, buying car insurance will actually save them a lot from financial trouble.In case if you meet with an accident when you are behind the wheel, any of the following things could happen:
– You will spend your time in jail- Your license will be suspended
– You will be financially ruined
– You will be putting your life in jeopardy
Such a result when you are driving without car insurance is a huge mistake and will hurt you for a long time.
Ways To Lower Online Auto Insurance Premium For Students
There are many factors based on which many insurance companies are willing to lower insurance premium for students.
* If you are below the age of 25, enrolled as a full-time student and if can maintain a GPA of 3.0, you could be eligible for a discount on your auto insurance.
* If you live in a state that has an accreditation program then you can apply for reduction on your car insurance by passing such programs. You can find out which states are certified and where you can apply by visiting National Safety Council website (http://www.nsc.org).
* If you are driving a car that has safety features such as alarm or recovery system or any other anti-theft devices, airbags, automatic seatbelts and any other safety features, then you can ask for additional discount on your auto insurance quotes.
Another way to lower your insurance premium if you are a student is to contact the insurance company that provides insurance to your parents car and home insurance and inquire if they are willing to provide you with a discount if you are ready to buy insurance policy from them.
By increasing your deductibles you can save on heavy premiums. Since you are paying only for the deductibles when you meet with an accident, your savings on the premium could help you easily cover the cost when you file a claim.